Update

David Miller -- December 2nd, 2006

Good morning, Thought I’d spend a little time updating the blog on what’s going on in and around Harrisonburg.

SI Inc will be moving to the technology park (200-500 PHD level positions, 200 security clearance patent proofers etc!).

National College will be holding a seminar in conjunction with (Imagoine or something, they are new to downtown and are located in the Keezle Building but their name escapes me this morning) about the new IPv6 protocol. I don’t have the info on pricing and or actual usefulness of this seminar but will probably attend just to hear their spiel.

The wind downtown yesterday was so bad that it tore off an 8 ft section of the Harrison House roof.

Friday’s Christmas parade was postponed due to inclement weather but the evening turned out to be beautiful. A good call by the decision makers with the information that was available yesterday morning (sleet, freezing temperatures etc). The parade will be next Friday, same time, same place.

I’ll re-edit this when I get to work so sorry for any errors currently.

-David

7 Responses to “Update”

Thanks for the update, David. I was wondering about the parade. When’s it supposed to be?

2. Adam Sharp says:

Hmmm … looks like the city paid a little too much for sub-par construction.

3. David says:

The Harrison house is pricately owned, not owned by the city.

4. Josh says:

Adam: Occasionally even good construction is no match for Mother Nature. :)

5. Adam Sharp says:

Wait, are we talking about the Hardesty Higgins House, or the “Fort Harrison” house in Dayton?

‘Cuz I think I totally got those confused. My bad.

Josh: Since I was thinking about the HHH, and it’s mostly surrounded by taller buildings, it would seem to me that faulty construction would be at fault. But the Daniel Harrison “Fort Harrison” house is a different matter.

6. David says:

Actually the house that was damaged was the first stone house in harrisonburg, the Thomas Harrison house on the corner of Bruce Street and South Main.