Exciting new business coming to downtown

Emmy -- January 30th, 2007

I’m interested to see what the response will be to the new dance studio downtown. From what I have heard, and apparently its been in the paper, Shergold Studio www.shergoldstudio.com of Charlottesville opened their studio today in the old school board building. They will be offering Efit (Erotic Fitness) classes. Apparently this is a combination of floor and pole dancing exercises. I know one person who is already signed up, and once I hear the reviews I may do so myself! These types of classes are becoming quite popular across the country, I’m surprised that Harrisonburg is getting something so “hip” for lack of a better word. Oh, and for those who are sure to ask, no, observation of the classes is not permitted.

If any of this info is incorrect, or if I’m just way behind here, let me know!

-writergirl

12 Responses to “Exciting new business coming to downtown”

1. Megan says:

Republitarian is pleading with me to take that class. ;)

2. Del Marvel says:

What do you mean by the school board building? The one on the corner accross from Daily Grind?

3. writergirl says:

Yes, the building across from the Daily Grind, I’m sure it has a real name, but I only know it as the school board building. They have an interesting description of the class on their site Megan….good luck with that negotiation ;)

4. writergirl says:

Ok someone, I’m bad at this link thing! Can you fix it, or tell me how? Brand new to Word Press here!

5. Adam Sharp says:

If you go into the ‘Edit’ page, highlight the text you want to be the link, and click on the button with the chain link. Make sure that the link has the ‘http://’ in front of the ‘www’

Until she gets that fixed, here’s the site: Shergold Studio.

6. writergirl says:

Awesome! Thanks Adam, just forgot the http! I think it’s fixed!

7. Del Marvel says:

You know, this pole dancing instructor sounds like a pretty good gig. Where do I sign up? You could write off all your trips to West Virginia strip clubs as a business expense.

8. TM says:

Y’know, it’s too bad “Daily Grind” is already taken. Sounds like it’d make a great name for this place!

9. KnowsAll says:

I wonder… Since the owner of this building is a prominant republican donor to local candidates, and he will make money by renting to a business which may well be training the next generation of strippers… What will be the stance of those intrepid guardians of the area’s moral values-the Valley Family Forum?
    Who wants to lay money that the VFF won’t make a peep?

Interesting take, KnowsAll.

I’m sure Dean would not approve of the class. Then again, I sometimes wonder if the influence of the VFF on the local GOP is over-exaggerated.

11. Megan says:

I am very wary of the VFF.