Earth and Tea Cafe Closed

Emmy -- February 7th, 2007

I just walked by the Earth and Tea Cafe and there was a big official sign on the window that said it was closed by the City Official and something about occupancy. Not sure what’s going on there, but I thought I’d pass the word in case you were downtown today and wanted to warm up with a cup of tea.

16 Responses to “Earth and Tea Cafe Closed”

1. zen says:

In the immortal words of Joe Dirt….dang!

2. Del Marvel says:

My bet is they reopen.

I was just in there yesterday for lunch. What the heck?

4. writergirl says:

I’m betting its just a permit issue that will be sorted out and then they’ll re-open.

5. Josh says:

This is the second time they’ve been closed for a permit issue.

Saw this in the DNR today.

It will be closed for a minimum of one week, probably more. I feel bad for the owner, Aaram Millones. This could sink him.

If you ever open a business, avoid this crap and get the permits!

7. Del Marvel says:

I feel bad for him too. But it sounds like he doesn’t know what he’s doing. You wonder what else he might not know about running a restaraunt.

Well, he at least knows how to decorate an interior and create an inviting and relaxing environment that I personally enjoy spending time in. And he knows tea.

I hear “through the grapevine” that he had a business partner that was going to run the food half of Earth & Tea, but that person pulled out at the last minute, and the lady from A Bowl of Good (then located inside Kate’s Natural Products) came in at the 11th hour and brought the food menu.

I’ve eaten there several times and enjoyed the food.

9. Del Marvel says:

I wish him luck and hope for the best. It’s a difficult business even if you’re experienced and have a lot of capital.

10. Jodi says:

it’s back open. just went there yesterday for a late lunch! great food and atmosphere!

11. MOJABEUR says:

MY HUSBAND IS FROM MOROCCO AND WE WENT THERE YESTERDAY. WE ORDERED THE MOROCCAN MINT TEA AND THE MARRAKESH MASH SOUP AND MY HUSBAND SAID THAT IT TASTED LIKE HIS MOM MADE IT!!! THAT PLACE IS GREAT AND THE ATMOSPHER IS WONDERFUL. WE WISH THEM LOTS OF LUCK!!!

12. Barbara says:

This is not true – it is open and functioning. And it’s a great cafe with a lovely owner.
    Barbara

Um, Barbara, check the date on this story. It’s a year old.

14. Barbara says:

Sorry, apparently this cafe that is closed is not in Marrakech – where there is also an Earth Cafe. I thought the writer was talking about the one in Marrakech.
    Barbara

Wrong continent.

This blog is about Harrisonburg, Virginia.

We’re in North America. But people often confuse us for places like Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and Marrakesh, Morocco.