MSB&G building has a buyer

Brent Finnegan -- March 28th, 2007

A few weeks ago, TM informed us Mainstreet Bar & Grill abruptly shut down, due to issues with ABC and “public safety” (according to their blog).

According to a blog post today, “[Stone] was told yesterday that the building has a buyer.” No word as to who it is yet.

17 Responses to “MSB&G building has a buyer”

1. David Troyer says:

Hmm, let us speculate as to who the buyer is…

I’ll go first: James McHone?

I may or may not have heard that name bandied about.

3. David says:

It’s true, thank goodness we have an upstanding Downtown Citizen now in possession of that building!

4. I’m with you David!

5. David says:

Christa, I cannot tell you my relief!

6. I was so happy to hear that dump closed down.Scarey peoplehanging out down there. I KNOW you were relieved.

7. writergirl says:

Downtown is soon going to have more restaurants than it knows what to do with. I heard a rumor that the Trade Show Direct place was going to eventually be a restaurant after the lease was up. Of course, I like having lots of options and all are different enough so far that I don’t think they are really competing with each other.

I’ll know what to do. Eat! I’m not a big fan of the chain restaurants, so I say the more locally-owned (unique) choices the better. :)

9. David says:

Trade Show Direct will also be a restaurant by the same proprietor of the Main Street Project. Downtown is certainly a restaurant destination! I personally couldn’t be happier (I’m with you Finnegan, I rarely leave downtown and hate chains-ie sysco reproductions).

10. I’m excited about all the new restaurants downtown! I spend most of my time downtown, so lots of choices are good. Just sitting here eating a wrap from the new Earth & Tea Cafe. First time we tried it. REALLY good California wrap!!

I love the California wrap! Earth & Tea is my favorite place to chill out.

12. Gosh Finney, we agree on something! I’ll buy you a wrap just for that.

I’m sure we agree on a lot of things.

I may take you up on that offer sometime :)

14. Frank Witt says:

If you like wraps…big ones, not the McDonalds snack wrap type…check this place out. Not downtown but close enough.

15. Frank Witt says:

oops

16. I have been there Frank and you are right. They have great lunches and very reasonable. I’m just too lazy to leave downtown at lunch. Wish more places delivered.