Local Celebrity Needs Our Thoughts and Prayers

Emmy -- March 29th, 2007

For those of you who are regular listeners of WSVA you are probably aware that Bob Pastorio who often appeared on Midday’s is battling cancer. I checked the blog that his wife and family has been keeping and it appears that he is nearing the end of this battle. It sounds as though he is not suffering now which is a blessing. If you feel so moved, please leave his family some kind words as they struggle through this time.

7 Responses to “Local Celebrity Needs Our Thoughts and Prayers”

Sad. First John Heatwole, now Bob.

2. writergirl says:

I know, very sad.

Thanks for fixing my post…I’m not very good at this yet.

3. Frank Witt says:

God only takes them when they are needed. May God bless him and his family and allow him to rise above in no pain.

4. TM says:

I can’t tell you how many great conversations I’ve had with Bob. He has one of the best iPod libraries around and he’s hung out with Leonard Cohen. I’m pretty sure he also told me he used to hang out in a bar when Jacques Brel would come in and just start playing piano. Great sense of humor and his poetry’s entertaining as well. He’ll be missed.

5. Daytonres says:

Bob passed away peacefully Sunday afternoon (04/01) surrounded by his family.

Condolences to his family. It is sad news, but good to know his suffering is finally over.

I’m grateful that his wife has been faithfully keeping that blog going. I’m sure it’s been a comfort to many who identify with the process of watching a loved one die.

7. Nastassya Sweder says:

I am Bob’s granddaughter, my family would like to thank everyone for their support during. I am a cook & a baker and my grandfather served as my mentor in many situations during school and in life. I am glad to see that his knowledge and passion had such a great following. He will be greatly missed for all of the work he has done. The most important thing was that he got his wishes for his last moments, we should all be so lucky to feel so loved. He is at peace.

Thank you again.