Lee of Ted & Lee dies

Brent Finnegan -- May 18th, 2007

I wouldn’t normally post about something like this, but several readers sent me emails about it this morning (and there will surely be something about this in the news soon). According to all the emails I’m getting, Lee Eshleman of the local performing group Ted & Lee has reportedly taken his own life.

Tonight’s performance scheduled at EMHS has been canceled.

There is a “candle light prayer time” from 6:30 to 8:00 tonight at Community Mennonite Church. Funeral arrangements are not yet known. EMU has an online memorial where you can leave condolences to the family.

17 Responses to “Lee of Ted & Lee dies”

1. writergirl says:

My prayers are with his family and friends.

2. Tina says:

No details, but here’s EMU’s response to the news:

3. Del Marval says:

I heard that this morning as well and was hoping it was some kind of crazy rumor.

I didn’t know him personally, but I do remember seeing T&L perform at EMU once. Reading over his old blog posts, I can tell he was a very unique and thoughtful guy.

5. Del Marvel says:

I suppose if it wasn’t actually suicide, someone would have responded with a correction by now. There was nothing on the WSVA or Channel 3 noon news. I wonder how (if at all) they will cover this.

6. Drew Richard says:

I just saw him a couple weeks ago at Bridgewater Church of the Brethren performing their new thing…this is sooo sad…i always enjoyed seeing them

7. AC says:

It’s ironic and sad that someone who spent his life making others laugh was obviously a tortured soul. His ministry touched many lives. My heart goes out to his wife and children.

8. We were shooting a family portrait of them June 2nd. Praying for his family….such a nice guy.

9. The media here generally don’t cover suicides.

10. Del Marvel says:

The article stops just short of mentioning suicide.

11. Dori Zook says:

I knew Lee while at EMU and was stunned to hear the horrible news. Life is short and can switch from love and wonder to heartbreak in the blink of an eye. Lee’s death is a prime example. I can only imagine the grief of his family. God grant them peace.

12. republitarian says:

Is this the Dori Zook that lives in Denver, Colorado?

Wow, I saw them at a Brethren National Youth Conference in Colorado. They were uplifting and fun – this is very sad news.

14. writergirl says:

If you haven’t already please read the tribute to Lee in EightyOne. It’s perfect.