BABE Rally stops in Harrisonburg

Brent Finnegan -- May 25th, 2007

According to several blogs I’ve read this morning, Harrisonburg was the first stop in the BABE Rally. The general idea is that a bunch of people get the worst, cheapest, ugliest cars they can find, and drive from “the Big Apple to the Big Easy.”

What a wonderfully tacky idea.

I wonder how much they’re paying for gas on average… Or if any of them didn’t “click it” and got a ticket while passing through the Valley.

Tags: ,

14 Responses to “BABE Rally stops in Harrisonburg”

1. TM says:

I’m guessing Paris and McDreamy gave this one a pass too.

2. TM says:

(not that that’s a bad thing).

One of the cars runs of vegetable oil. Apparently the boot around the left rear axle CV joint was cracked when it arrived in H’burg. As of this afternoon, it was fixed and they’re back on the road.

I wonder if any local media outlets will cover this next year. If the mayor in a soapbox racer makes the front page of the paper, I’m thinking the BABE rally is at least worth a mention, if not some photographs.

4. Eli says:

Gee, I should sell them my car for next year.

Yeah, I have a few friends that could have entered that… or the RoCo Fair demo derby.

Speaking of cars, I just saw a ZipCar on Main Street with DC plates.

6. Gausie says:

>>All

Thanks for the welcome. Hburg was a super stop for us, the best western car park was a nice focal point for the evening, and the local stores were convenient for topping up on the essentials: oil, ducktape and baling wire.

>>Eli

Send me some pics of your car – I’m already looking for next year’s entry :-)

Gausie
    Team 46 – Queen and Country
    Commonly referred to as ‘The Brits’

Thanks for stopping by, Gausie.

If I remember, I’ll try to find you guys next year, and actually meet a few of you.

8. Gausie says:

That would be super and I’m sure we’ll make you most welcome. I’ll try to remember to remind you. Babe rally stopped at Harrisonburg Best Western last year too – also on the Thursday before memorial weekend.

Team 46’s charity this year was Save the Children: http://www.justgiving.com/QueenandCountry

9. Bill Compton says:

Hi Jim. Photos i received. Thanks

10. Miles Fox says:

i got a ticket for no helmet on my motorcycle when i left my helmet in the car, which was some many miles and or hours ahead of me. so we shoved the bike in rickety van

11. cook says:

miles, where’d you get your ticket?