Hburgnews blog party!

Emmy -- June 6th, 2007

I’m going to call it a party so that we all remember that this is supposed to be a fun evening of getting to know each other and respectful discussion.

When: Tuesday June, 12th 5:30 pm until about 8:00 pm

Where: Dave’s Taverna rooftop (weather permitting). If its raining we’ll be inside.

Please let us know if you are coming so that we can call ahead. Hope to see you there!

82 Responses to “Hburgnews blog party!”

1. Barnabas says:

So you won’t be drinking any actual beer than…

2. JohnLL says:

I’d love to come, but I’ll be out of town…

3. Barnabas,
    I didn,t say Bud lite…What do you prefer?

4. Make that full stregnth BUDWEISER!

5. Emmy,
    A friend of mine from the Mafia will be jioning us, his name is Nick.

6. Barnabas says:

When I’m drinking light it’s New Casle or an Irish Red when I want a good full flavor beer I drink a Guinness. Pilsner is not typically my thing.

7. Hey,
    Is everyone going to wear a name tag?

8. Playgirl Politician, I don’t think you know anyone who’s in the Mafia. Your friend must be a wanna be Italian from Jersey!

9. F.Y.I.
    I don’t think anybody wants to find out!

10. republitarian says:

I’m not so sure….

Benny did sell time shares up a Massanutten…..

11. writergirl says:

Here’s an updated list. If I’ve missed you let me know and feel free to come even if you haven’t let us know.

Me
    Josh
    Deona Landes Houff
    Zen
    Rick Claybrook
    Barnabas
    Nick
    Arin Sime (as noted on Republitarian, correct me if that’s wrong)

12. Barnabas says:

I like how I’m coming twice.

13. writergirl says:

HAHA! Sorry about that! You must be very important ;)

14. Guess I just assumed you knew my husband was coming Emmy! I’ll be ticked if he has a ball game! In that case…you’ll just have to be my date! :)

15. writergirl says:

Sorry, I guess I should have assumed spouses on most of these! But I’ll be your date if he doesn’t come ;)

16. Had some pretty depressing news this weekend. One of my tenants that just moved in my apartments is stiffing me and moving out. If anyone knows someone that needs a great 1 bedroom in downtown Harrisonburg…tell them to call me. I’m not sure what possessed me to rent apartments and add one more stress to my life!!

17. zen says:

Cool, I’m coming twice, or there are two zens! :)

18. writergirl says:

Well crap! I spend too much time at a computer! Zen and Barnabas are so special that they are invited twice!

Christa, not to be nosey (and I can come over for you to tell me) but what is the rent? I might know people!

19. zen says:

No sweat writergirl. Thanks for the special invite.

20. $650.00 includes water & trash. YOU know how nice they are! I’ll tell you about it when I see you. I am so ticked…

Stupid question: is anyone bringing a laptop to this thing? Is there wireless access on the roof?

22. I’m just bringing my camera, sorry. Why do you need a laptop?

23. Although it sucks that I’m not going to be there, I do think it’s really awesome that Arin Sime is going to be there. Nice to see a candidate take some time out to meet and mingle with a bunch of bloggers and so forth.

Now I really wish I could be there.

24. Not to mention, I’d meet a bunch of people I talk to on the internet or via blogs all the time.

I think the only person out of that whole list that I’ve met in person is Finnegan, and that was just on Friday.

25. whackette says:

I hope you have a very good reason. :)

26. Barnabas says:

I see where finnegan is going with this, I’ll bring the blowtorch and the duct tape.

27. Thanh says:

Unfortunately, I wont be able to make it anymore. Enjoy the evening!

28. MikeFus says:

Brent – I could bring my laptop

Great! Thanks. I really need to get one of those.

30. TM says:

finnegan, are you going to be live-blogging the event for all the no-shows? Heh.

Ha. Sure. Why not.

5:57 – Just ordered a Boddington’s.

6:24 – People laughing about the Sayre mailings

6:48 – Ordered another Boddington’s

7:00 – Intentionally diverted conversation away from politics and onto beer.