blog ratings

Brent Finnegan -- July 19th, 2007

gimmickApparently the words “kill” and “crack” appear here too often for hburgnews to be rated G.

This is part of some gimmicky ad campaign on a dating website, but I saw it on JohnLL’s Valley League blog, and thought it would be fun to see what a few of the local blogs are rated, according to Mingle2.com.

republitarian: PG
cobalt6: PG
All Things Valley League: G
Conserve: G
Part Time Gamer: PG
valleyarts.org: G
My Friend Alan: PG
RockDem: G
Daily Wackjob: R (no surprises there)

10 Responses to “blog ratings”

1. PG? That’s crap.

Actually I really do try to keep the fowl language at a minimum. But I’ll never deny a good word substitution when the situation calls for it.

2. Now At The Podium was G-Rated, go figure.

Daily Whackjob was once NC-17, I guess we’ve cleaned things up a bit.

3. whackette says:

Republitaian has had a G rating every time I’ve checked it.

Yeah, it fluctuates. This was all as-of yesterday. It may just evaluate what’s on the index page. Last week hburgnews was G.

After all, this is just an ad gimmick, so it’s probably not that scientific.

5. whackette says:

Yeah, and the other week we were NC-17.(Yes, I know, shame on us all) All depends on the buzz words that appear at the time.

6. zen says:

Whatever their method is it does not consider context. Just as fin points out with “kill” and “crack.” (do you hate being called “fin?”)

No. I’ve been called worse.

8. JohnLL says:

Yeah, I think it just counts the index page, and seems to ignore pictures. I went from a PG (6 “guns”) to a G (only 1 gun) in a day. And context? Phooey! Radar guns and AK-47s, it’s all the same!

9. Benny Neal says:

Frank Witt,
    What is your blog’s rating?(unclefrank22801.blogspot.com)

10. Frank J Witt says:

My myspaces ;http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=93072099…GETS A “G”

http://www.kitchenclassicsva.com…also a “G”

http://unclefrank22801.blogspot.com…gets a “PG” for my use of the a-hole word X-3

As for the reply to your comment…i don’t remember…the Kool-Aid gets in my eyes some times ! HA HA