Primary Day & Exit Poll

Brent Finnegan -- February 12th, 2008

old laundromatIt’s primary day in the Valley, and the polls are open until 7 p.m. The SBE has an FAQ sheet up on their website if you have any questions.

Please participate in our online (totally unscientific) exit poll below. There are two separate polls…

I live

Hillary Clinton
Mike Huckabee
Ron Paul
someone else

Free polls from Pollhost.com

Thank you.

12 Responses to “Primary Day & Exit Poll”

Voting this morning was pretty interesting. I vote at Waterman and there were only two signs in the yard of the school; both were for Obama. There was only one person handing out literature, also for Obama. I’ve never voted in a primary before and I almost voted for a Republican on accident. Eeek!

2. Lowell Fulk says:

Great idea Brent,
    Thank you for doing this.

I took almost the exact same picture at Waterman.

4. Gxeremio says:

I just voted at Waterman and even at mid-morning it was a line of about 14-20 people. I noticed there was an electronic voting machine and asked what make it was and if it gave paper receipts. It was a Diebold, and no, it doesn’t give paper receipts. Since a Diebold can be hacked and there’s no paper record for a recount, I voted paper ballot. I overheard a poll worker who expressed concern about running out of paper ballots today, and the need to encourage people to vote electronic. It looked like about 250 people had taken Democratic ballots and about 170 had taken Republican ballots by the time I voted. Yikes!

5. TM says:

I voted at Stone Spring and there was also only one person working the literature, although as I normally do, I bypassed the area so I don’t know for whom she was stumping.
    There were a lot of Ron Paul signs, a few Obama signs (including a big artsy poster looking one)… oh and one handwritten-on-poster-board Huckabee sign.
    Also, did anyone get an “I voted” sticker? Stone Spring didn’t have them as far as I saw, just “Future Voter” stickers. At first I thought those were for kids, but maybe they were an indication that one intends to vote in the general election?

6. TM says:

In the flickr sidebar, that’s the Obama poster I was talking about. Looks Mao-ish to me… or like the OBEY giant stickers.
    I like it.

7. Barb says:

I voted around 2pm in Broadway and by that time only between 200 – 300 had voted. More Democrat ballots had been taken than Republican. There were no signs that I noticed and no one offered me an “I Voted” sticker.

I forgot to mention that when I voted at around 8:00 this morning I was number 85 for the Dem’s and the Rep’s were at number 77. I got an I Voted sticker, and my kids got Future Voter stickers.

Clinton is doing worse than Ron Paul in our little poll. Like I said: not scientific.

Josh Marshall of TPM notes that the Latino population is relatively low in VA compared to the southwestern states, but it will be interesting to see what the results for H’burg and NoVa will be like, as we have a larger Hispanic population, and Clinton generally polls well with Hispanics.

10. Shannon says:

I voted at 7:15am at the McGaheysville VFD and there were no signs, no people passing out literature, and no “I Voted” stickers. I was very bummed about that last one.

Seven people in line, six voted Democrat, 1 voted Republican. How do I know that? We had to declare it out loud at the registration table because they had separate booths for each party. An interesting experience.