body discovered in Blacks Run

Brent Finnegan -- February 18th, 2008

It was reported on TV3 yesterday and in the DNR today: On Saturday evening, two boys found a body in or near Blacks Run off Mount Clinton Pike (TV3 and WSVA say “in the creek,” the DNR says in a field). Details are scant, but I expect the HPD will release the autopsy information soon.

9 Responses to “body discovered in Blacks Run”

1. David Troyer says:

where does mt. clinton pike cross blacks run exactly?

Isn’t it the stretch between 42 and 11?

Did they ever find that man that was missing from Lineweaver?

I don’t know, Emmy. Good question.

Here’s an “update” from TV3 this evening:

The identity and cause of death are still unknown at this time.

“So right now, I think that we’ve done everything, until we can get that information back. There’s certainly things that we can do after that information is acquired. So today, there was very little activity on the investigation,” says Lt. Kurt Boshart, Harrisonburg Police Department.

Police hope to find out the identity of the body and the cause of death when the body is examined Tuesday in Roanoke.

5. Karl Magenhofer says:

FYI, “in the creek” were Kurt Boshart’s words to us. Emmy, I hear you might be on to something with that question.

Well I saw a poster for him the other day and I realized I hadn’t heard anything in the news about him recently. I hoped that maybe I missed something and they found him safe. I guess a family will get some closure.

7. Evan says:

To answer Mr. Troyer’s question, The Breeze has a little map on their frontpage. Downloadable off http://thebreeze.org

There is also a short slideshow in the multimedia section.

8. Evan says:

And regarding the creek/field discrepancy, the creek runs through a privately owned field on that property.

WHSV speculates along the same lines as you, Emmy.