Downtown Museum and Gallery Walk

Evan Dyson -- April 4th, 2008

The Downtown Museum and Gallery Walk is underway in downtown Harrisonburg. The event, which is hosted by the Valley Arts Council, Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance and the Chamber of Commerce, is expected to run until 8 p.m tonight. The evening will feature art openings, live music and dance, and street theater. To view images, click here.

8 Responses to “Downtown Museum and Gallery Walk”

This weekend was a step above. Downtown was full, tons of participation in the gallery walk, Macrock rocked and most of all DOWNTOWN was FULL! Had a blast at Blue Nile (even tried out their delicious buffett on Saturday). Clementine’s was bumping all weekend, long lost friends abounded and business was booming! I couldn’t be happier~!

2. Christa says:

We were busy at my store as well, David, even being way up on East Market St, off the beaten path of Main St. Lots busier than the last big Art Walk. I never got to go downtown and look anywhere else!

I’m glad you were also busy. I’m sorry you missed out on the festivities but check out Blue Nile when you get a chance (like when they officially open:). The basement bar is so cave like, i’m in love with it.

4. Christa says:

Let us know when you go again Dave and I’ll buy. We were too tired to go anywhere after the art walk and I had to get up at 5:30 the next morning and shoot all day.

Completely understandable. When I hear the word that they have opened to their normal hours I will let you know! (ps, the stove is grinding down nicely, I’ve been through two wire brushes so far:) )

6. Josh says:

Blue Nile was open this evening. The food seems to be about the same as at the old location, very tasty. The new building is awesome. It’s such a great renovation considering how run down and dilapidated that building was before. They’re still working on getting in some of their menu items, like yummy tej (honey wine). Highly recommended.

7. ammc says:

Just wanted to say thanks so much to everyone who contributed, participated in and attended the Gallery Walk. It was so wonderful to see the streets full, and downtown filled with so much art and spirit. In four hours, try as I did, I couldn’t fit it all in. That was a happy first. Let’s do it again in the fall! (My ‘official review’ is up on the valleyarts site).