Candidate List

Thanh -- August 21st, 2008

This is probably old news for many people, but I’ve been looking for the Candidate List for the November 4, 2008 election so that can do some reading in advance. I had a difficult time finding it, so I wanted to share. Those interested in seeing a complete list of who’s running for council, state senate, school board, treasurer, etc can click here and view by locality.

Not yet registered to vote? Go here.

13 Responses to “Candidate List”

1. Jeremy Aldrich says:

For Council, I’ve seen websites for Baugh, Degner, and Evans.

Treasurer candidates Bill Ney and Penny Paul Imeson have sites too.

Do any other local candidates have campaign websites?

Where the local races are concerned, don’t forget, we’re still looking for your questions to ask the candidates. Let them know what issues are important to you.

3. Josh says:

Don’t forget Wiens.

4. Thanh says:

I found Wienswebsite.

In National News….Obama picked Biden. He did text…that’s why I’m awake.

Something tells me that’s not the hour they originally planned on getting the message out.

The official who spoke did so on condition of anonymity, saying they did not want to pre-empt a text-message announcement the Obama campaign promised for Saturday morning.

Woops.

Well I’d been hearing that it was coming around 4am. So, they were only a little ahead of that. But, I’m kind of thinking that wasn’t the plan. I imagine it might be a difficult thing to coordinate. I have enough trouble sending one text.

I was probably a case of someone getting it all ready, then looking at someone else and saying “Just click here when its time to send.” Then the next guy saying, “Where? Here?” Oops.

8. Thanh says:

This article was in the DNR yesterday,
    <Candidates Weigh Impact Of Fall City Elections.

9. charles chenault says:

May I take this opportunity to clear something up which has been bothering me all weekend. I never gave the following answer to reporter Mellot. “Chenault doubted that most students, even if they are registered to vote in the city, have that much interest in local issues.” I told him that anecdotally student participation in May elections has been low primarily because they have not been here (JMU finishes before the May election). I also told him that some students may opt to vote in the local elections where they come from. I have no idea what level of interest most students have in local issues, but I hope it is high. The students (high school and college) that I know (particulary former students – some now city employees) are very knowledgeable and involved on and in local issues.
    Thanks – Charlie

Charlie,

During my time in the limelight, I formulated Fitzgerald’s First Principle of Local Journalism: Those who have been long in the public eye no longer read their local newspaper to see what happened, but rather to see what their neighbors will think happened.

It’s a little long and unwieldy, but I still like it. Good that this site exists for refutation.

11. charles chenault says:

Joe – you are correct and normally I do not worry about it. This one really bothered me. Yes it is good this site exists for fefutation, and I am appreciative.
    Charlie

12. charles chenault says:

That’s refutation. I think fefutation deals with solid waste disposal.
    Thanks – Charlie

13. Thanh says:

Here is Jeff Schafer’s, city Treasurer candidate, website: http://www.shaferfortreasurer.com/index.shtml