surrogate blitz

Brent Finnegan -- October 20th, 2008

The McCain and Obama campaigns are bringing more big names to Harrisonburg this week. U.S. Sen. John W. Warner, Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, and Rep. Bob Goodlatte will make an appearance the McCain HQ on Neff Ave tomorrow (Tuesday) at 12:45.

The Obama camp is bringing Gen. Wesley Clark to Court Square Theater this Wednesday at 8:30.

Tags:

10 Responses to “surrogate blitz”

1. Brad Jenkins says:

Anyone know where the McCain event is being held?

2. Brad Jenkins says:

Never mind.

The WaPo didn’t have the details. WSLS did, so I updated the post with more details.

4. Brad Jenkins says:

Thanks for clarifying. I posted that comment, and then the details were there. Threw me for a loop there for a minute.

Wow, pretty neat – I didn’t know Clark was supporting Obama.

Possibly vying for a Sec. of Defense position?

7. bill says:

Has anyone seen any polling data on the Goodlatte, Rasoul and Allen congressional race.

8. Breslau says:

Renee: Really, you don’t remember the big stink back in June?

Bill: http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docID=district-VA-06

However, if you support Rasoul, it won’t be pretty to view.

9. Breslau says:

Wait, sorry, Bill. I thought that site had poll numbers when I last peeked at it. An August 15 article from the News Virginian had Goodlatte with 59 percent and Rasoul with 30 percent. That’s the most recent I can find. A lot can change in two months, but judging by the fundraising data on cqpolitics, I’d say it’s pretty safe to say that Rasoul it going to get creamed.

10. bill says:

Thank you Breslau. I have a feeling you’re correct on outcomes. We were looking for data to present to government classes. The funding information is just as valuable.