Breeden didn’t endorse Goodlatte

Brent Finnegan -- November 2nd, 2008

From AFP and Cobalt 6: a Bob Goodlatte campaign mailer falsely claims that Rockingham County Supervisor Mike Breeden endorsed him.

“I did not endorse Bob Goodlatte. I did not return a call to Bob Goodlatte in which he asked me for permission to use my name as a Democrat supporting him in the Shenandoah Valley. I support the Democratic Party and Sam Rasoul for Congress,” said Breeden, a Democrat and a member of the Rockingham County Board of Supervisors.

Tags: ,

8 Responses to “Breeden didn’t endorse Goodlatte”

1. Lowell says:

I wish I could say I’m shocked or surprised or some such emotion but I’m not.

A Republican running for office using outright lies in their mail is just simply the norm any more.

The sad thing here is that this might be the last advertisement many people see before voting.

“I wonder if it is too late for Mike Breeden to record a commercial debunking the claim?”

Yes — unless he just wants to post something on YouTube.

Breeden didn’t endorse Goodlatte, but Rep. John Conyers, who serves with Goodlatte on the House Judiciary Committee, has endorsed Goodlatte’s opponent, Sam Rasoul.

Let me see if I have this right:

I call Mike’s brother, Dan, at Trailblazer Auto. I tell his answering machine I’d like a free car. Dan doesn’t call me back, so I go down and pick up my car.

Who said Goodlatte doesn’t have an economic plan?

5. Let me see if I have this right:

The GOP has no problem lying, deceiving and otherwise misleading the electorate in a desperate, insecure attempt to maintain power.

DUH! Yes, I have it right.

6. Bubby says:

This is all very simple. Bob Goodlatte gets from the Bush people, and his Republican leadership everyday telling him what to do, and how to vote. He figured if he just told Mike Breeden to endorse, that Mike would do what he was told to do.

Mike Breeden is a Democrat. He thinks for himself.

7. Brian M says:

On the flip side, couldn’t this simply be an incompetent staff member? I don’t think it would be too hard to believe that in the shuffle and bustle of a busy campaign, someone could get their wires crossed. I’m not saying it’s right, but before accusing them of outright deceit there should be something pointing in that direction. Not simply that he’s a Republican.

8. Bubby says:

Deceit, or incompetence. Take your pick.