Superbowl Sunday Open Thread

Renee -- February 1st, 2009

So, Harrisonburgers – what are you up to this evening? Are you watching the Superbowl from the comfort of your own home? Going to a party? A restaurant with big screens? Are you even watching the Superbowl (or its commercials) today?

Tell us in the comments!

8 Responses to “Superbowl Sunday Open Thread”

1. Jeremy Aldrich says:

We bought our kinda-healthy Superbowl snacks, got our 3D glasses, and plan to watch the festivities this evening.

3D glasses? Is there a channel broadcasting the game in 3D?

I’m looking forward to the commercials. I might watch the Animal Planet Puppy Bowl for a few minutes here and there, too. :)

3. egregory says:

GO CARDINALS!

Hanging in Charlottesville with a large group of friends. Have been since Friday night! Chili, jambalaya and MUCH more food and drink.

4. mike says:

There are some 3D ads.
    I wish the game would start at 5:30 p.m. You know it’s going to last four hours, and people need to go to school/work Monday.

I think some of the commercials are in 3D.

I am not going to watch a minute of the game. I’m not going to watch any of the commercials or the half time show. Currently I’m watching cartoons.

There was a 3D commercial break after the 2nd half – how was it with the glasses, Jeremy?

7. Jeremy Aldrich says:

I dunno…mine didn’t seem to be working, though my wife reports there were a few effects which seemed to work for her.

“Chuck” doesn’t look any more impressive in 3D than usual, I’ll bet.