Photo Tour of Downtown Restaurants

Renee -- February 28th, 2009

Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance has posted a set of pictures on Flickr that take you on a tour of many of Harrisonburg’s downtown eating options. (found via the “Ask Eddie” blog)

Check it out here: Downtown Dining

Hint: Click the button in the lower right to go Full Screen, and click “Show Info” at the top of the screen to see the captions.

13 Responses to “Photo Tour of Downtown Restaurants”

1. TM says:

Great! Interesting to see W. Water St. Cafe and Hardesty’s. I’ve never been in either.
    Also, I was really hoping for a good interior of George’s Soda Sandwich Shop…

I’ve never been in W. Water St. Cafe, either. Anyone know what the food is like?

I’ve had a really good chicken salad sandwich from Hardesty’s, but I went in once just before 2:00 and they said lunch was over and they weren’t making any more food or something like that…

Lately I’ve been dropping into Shank’s bakery more often for their hearty soup and a roll for lunch.

I still need to try Franklin’s sometime.

3. Draegn says:

Water Street is a nice alternative to L&S.

4. Nancy says:

My husband went into the West Water Street Cafe once for breakfast and he said it was awesome. It was very inexpensive and the service was very attentive. I only wish more restaurants were open for Sunday brunch—that’s when my family REALLY goes out to eat, right after church.

5. Andy Perrine says:

Can you believe that the downtown district now has 22 restaurants and 6 more are slated to open in the next 6 to 9 months? Amazing.

6. Tina says:

As someone who works downtown – and lives within walking distance – it’s great to have so many restaurant choices. I’d love to see some more retail moving in, too, though. Any ideas (rumors) on what else might be coming?

7. Josh says:

Does anyone know details for the next “Taste of Downtown” event? According to the city tourism site it’s happening next week!

8. Andy Perrine says:

Yes, Josh, Taste of Downtown is March 10 – 12. Menus from participating restaurants will be posted on the Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance site this week.

You can read all about it in HDR’s March newsletter:

9. Lisa says:

Yup, and I’ll post menus, etc. on the “Ask Eddie” blog as soon as I get them. Participating restaurants are:

The Artful Dodger
    Blue Nile Ethiopian Cuisine
    Cally’s Restaurant & Brewing Co.
    Clementine’s
    Dave’s Downtown Taverna
    Downtown 56
    Franklin’s Cafe’ & Wine Bar
    Indian American Cafe
    Joshua Wilton House
    Mrs. Hardesty’s Tea Room

10. Lisa says:

Menus have been posted on Ask Eddie and HDR’s website. I’ll be gone for Spring Break next week, but I’m especially bummed about missing a $15 meal from Indian-American and $35 three-course dinner from Joshua Wilton!

11. TM says:

Are the exact menus posted anywhere or just the teasers. Last year they posted exactly what the ToD deal was.

Wow, sounds neat. I haven’t tried this in past years – I really like how the restaurants are offering “sampler platters”.