free wireless spots

Brent Finnegan -- March 17th, 2009

Josh just posted a list of free wireless spots in town on imaybecheap. The list adds more locations to the locations mentioned on Harrisonburg Homes’ list. What are your favorite wireless spots?

10 Responses to “free wireless spots”

1. Personally, I like the Artful Dodger. Perfect for the upcoming spring weather. Log on outside.

2. McAllister’s is my favourite for connectivity. I need a stable connection for my work, so that’s a pretty big selling point for me.

For overall atmosphere, Cinnamon Bear is my preferred location. The workers are friendly, it’s usually quiet, and the food rocks.

3. Lisa Oates says:

I like Greenberry’s. It’s cozy, there is great coffee to consume, and I can take a break to people watch. Plus, I just love the sounds and smells in a coffee shop.

4. Laura says:

Not all of the servers even know it, but Cally’s has wireless. Nothing like a Smokin’ Scottish AND wireless. It’s the new spot for my late-afternoon meetings!

5. Dave Briggman says:

Arbys has free wireless, as does Staples…but staples is only 128K down…36k up.

My laptop battery is terrible, any of these places have electricity I can mooch too? ;)

7. Justin C says:

Most of the downtown restaurants have jumped on the free wireless bandwagon. Earth and Tea, Dave’s, Clementine’s, Cally’s, Old Dominion, Artful Dodger, Blue Nile. I wouldn’t hold my breath on Indian American or Jess’s, but still a pretty good list.

Even Fine Furniture has agreed to providing a network to the public. Who would have ever thought we would have free wireless in downtown?

Don’t forget You Made It, Finnigan’s, Franklin’s, Mrs. Hardesty’s Tea Room, (I think) and anyone else we can peer pressure into adding it:)

9. Tina says:

I’ve been at Indian-American and could pick up the wireless from next door. (I know… not nice, but it wasn’t password-protected so I couldn’t help myself!)

Tina, my theory is that if someone doesn’t protect their wireless then they are being generous and sharing. Intentional or not it’s good karma!