Lohr Appointed New Ag Commish

Brent Finnegan -- March 16th, 2010

Del. Matt Lohr announced today that he will vacate his seat as the delegate representing the 26th House district to become the new commissioner of the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS).

Lohr, 38, was elected to his third term last November. McDonnell will set a special election to fill his seat in the Republican-leaning district when Lohr resigns. He will start his new job May 1. (WaPo blog).

Tags: , , , ,

19 Responses to “Lohr Appointed New Ag Commish”

1. Christa says:

Does this mean Gene Hart can run again?

2. Can he? Sure. Will he?

I’m guessing he won’t, but I really hope he does!

4. Good luck Mr. Lohr, I’m sure you’ll do a great job! Way to represent for the Valley!

5. republitarian says:

I talked to Gene this evening. I would be shocked if he ran.

6. I’m betting that the local good ‘ol boy’s will decide that we don’t need a delegate until November. We’re not that “special” are we?

7. Jamie Smith says:

Phoebe willed the seat to Glenn and Glenn willed it to Matt. Who is the heir apparent this time?

8. republitarian says:

Matt wasn’t willed the seat. They were left scrambling. I don’t think they really have anyone groomed this time as the heir apparent. Seriously, look at the names. We are talking about people with almost zero name recognition.

9. Jamie Smith says:

You don’t need name recognition, or good sense, you just need a big ol’ “R” after your name.

Very true Jamie.

11. That is, unfortunately, true, Jamie

12. Allen says:

Wow, Dave, that is, without a doubt, a lot of commas.

13. There is plenty of speculation about potential candidates in the DNR and on Myron’s blog. Most seem to be saying what you would expect: “I might be interested,” or “I haven’t necessarily ruled it out.”

On the GOP side:
    Ted Byrd
    John Elledge
    Clark Ritchie
    Tony Wilt

Dems:
    Lowell Fulk
    Gene Hart
    Kai Degner (said he hasn’t had time to consider it yet)

Carolyn Frank is also interested.

Others?

14. Gene Hart says:

I heard that Brent Finnegan is interested!

15. True.

I am interested to see who will run.

16. republitarian says:

Carolyn would probably seek the GOP nod.

17. Jamie Smith says:

Just heard Larry Rogers may be interested.