Farmer’s Market To Add Evening Session

Renee -- March 19th, 2010

The Harrisonburg Farmer’s Market announced on its blog today that the market will now be open 3 times per week, with a new session on Thursday evenings from 4 to 7 pm being added to the original Tuesday and Saturday morning sessions, June through September.

Are you more likely to shop at the Farmer’s Market now that it’s open in the evenings? Will you shop there on Thursday evenings instead of one of the morning sessions now, or will you be more likely to make an extra trip to the market each week? Share your opinions in the comments!

Photo by RTCL2 on Flickr. You can find more photos of the Harrisonburg Farmer’s Market in the Hburgnews Flickr Pool.

Tags: ,

8 Responses to “Farmer’s Market To Add Evening Session”

1. Annie Layne says:

This makes me so happy.

2. Sarah says:

It makes me happy too – I’m definitely more likely to make an extra trip now, to pick up a few extra items near the end of the week. I always go on Saturdays, it’s part of my weekend, and I pick up my CSA basket on Mondays, so having the ability to add a few extra things on Thursday is outstanding! Thanks, Farmer’s Market!

Sarah, what is a “CSA basket”?

I’m excited about the evening hours, too! As many of you know, I’m not a morning person :)

4. Sarah says:

CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture – several farms in the area do this. Our CSA is through Radical Roots Farm in Keezletown, and I pay them up front, and then pick up baskets of freshly harvested vegetables (and fruits, but mainly veggies) from May-October. It’s fantastic, I love it – and it changed the way I cook, which was lots of fun.

For me, having both a CSA and the Farmer’s Market definitely complements each other – they aren’t substitutes. I love the surprise of a CSA basket and dreaming up new meals with whatever’s in there as I drive home, and I love the community of the farmer’s market and the ability to add to whatever’s in my CSA basket.

Cool, thanks for the info!

I am so excited about this!!!

7. Deb SF says:

Woot! For me it’s an added trip, not a Saturday substitute.

8. Olivia says:

I’m happy about this too. For me, it means I will get to go to the Farmer’s Market much more often! We also get a CSA (from Glen Eco Farm). Now I can stop on the way home form work to supplement my CSA share! I live in Broadway so rarely make a Saturday trip into Harrisonburg and I often forget about it on Tuesday morning’s and have to get to work, so an evening slot will be great!!