Soldier from Broadway Killed in Afghanistan

Brent Finnegan -- June 13th, 2010

dnronline is reporting that Broadway High School graduate Brian “Bucky” Anderson “was killed by a roadside bomb while on patrol in Afghanistan early Saturday morning.” (read more)

Tags: ,

8 Responses to “Soldier from Broadway Killed in Afghanistan”

Very sorry to hear that. This war needs to be OVER!

2. Two time state wrestling champ. Member of the elite 10th Mountain division. Specialist Anderson didn’t have much time in theater but I’m sure he was the best. What a terribly high cost we are paying for this war. What an awful nightmare for the family. I’m so sorry.

Any idea what he was riding in? These guys should be protected in an M-ATV all-terrain MRAP. Perhaps he was exposed in the gun turret.

3. Brooke says:

So sad. My thoughts are with his family. :-(

4. Frank J Witt says:

Kay Kibler Talked to the Anderson’s today. They are very honored to know that the community wants to honor and remember their son, Bucky. I do not have a day yet as to when Bucky will be coming home. We hope to line Rt 259 from Rt 11 into Broadway with people, American Flags, Banners and anything that will show our honor and love to the Anderson’s. I will post news as I find it out….I can be reached at 820-2331.

Kay is a member of the Chimney Rock VFW Ladies Aux, as is Bucky’s mom. If anyone would like to honor this young man, please feel free to contact her. I will post info here, just in case, when it becomes available.

• Donna Etherton says:

Can you give us the information about the route and time the military will be returning with Spec. Anderson. We would like to support his family.

5. kuato says:

Thank you Mr. Anderson for your efforts and for your sacrifice. My thoughts are with the Anderson family.

6. Kandy Johns says:

I am so heartbroken for this family. I know only too well what they are going through as my son was KIA in Sept 09. If they ever need someone to talk to who has been through this please do not hesitate to call me. 383-6311. I am local in Lacey Spring. God Bless and keep this family in the coming days.

7. Donna Etherton says:

We are very sorry for this brave young soldier’s family and friends. We share in the loss of someone who has fought for our freedom. We have a daughter in Afghanistan. Our family wants to let Spec. Anderson’s family know that we are keeping them in our thoughts.