Brent Finnegan -- August 13th, 2010
A few additional local news items from this past week:
• The DNR reported that per capita income in the Harrisonburg Metropolitan Area dropped from $31,055 to $30,795 between 2008 and 2009, a decline of 0.8 percent.
• A giant tree more than 100 years old snapped and fell in Woodbine Cemetery during a storm last week, damaging several headstones.
• Lisa’s Cafe is a new-to-me local food blog (that’s actually been around for two years). Lisa describes herself as “a vegetarian with a great love for Food Network, cooking with friends, and healthy food that’s varied, simple and never dull.”
• The Rockingham County Fair is next week.
• Taste of Downtown Harrisonburg is also next week.
What did we miss? What’s happening in your neighborhood? What do you want to discuss?