There are several ways you can help keep this web service running.
Make a personal financial contribution to support special reporting projects.
If you are part of a local business or organization, become an underwriter. hburgnews.com is not a money-maker for us, but the small amount of revenue from our monthly underwriters helps pay for operating costs.
If you don’t have money to contribute, here are some other ways you can help:
• Participate in the discussions. Only a fraction of our readers leave comments. We know it’s tempting to lurk, but weigh in with your perspective at least once in a while. When we get something wrong, help us to correct it. If you enjoy a story, let us know.
• If you’re a writer, photographer or video creator, contact us about becoming a contributor.
• Email us a news tip. If you know something we don’t know, tell us. We’ll do our best to follow up on news tips, but sometimes it might take a while.
• Contribute your photographs of Harrisonburg and local events to the Flickr group. Those photos automatically show up in the sidebar.
• When you see news happening, report it directly, using the Twitter hashtag. If your phone is connected to your Twitter account, describe what you see, and add #hburgnews to your tweet. It will show up on the front page.
• Send us interesting local links. If you come across an interesting local blog or website, or if you see something funny posted to the Harrisonburg Craigslist, you can email us the link, or share it on Twitter using the #hburgnews hashtag or a direct message.
• Tell your friends and co-workers about us. We’ve gotten to where we are now by word-of-mouth. Share our stories on Facebook or Twitter.